PowerSchool Parent Portal
Log On to the PowerSchool Parent Portal
Welcome to the PPS PowerSchool Parent Portal Home Page!
This resource is a web-based communication tool that allowsparents/guardians and students secure access to view grade, assignment,and attendance information. Assignments and student performance can beviewed as soon as entries are made by teachers into their electronicgradebooks. Reports and email notifications are also available in theviewer. Students will have separate accounts with unique logininformation. This service is available at our middle andhigh schools and grades three through six for elementary schools.
Although the PowerSchool Parent Portal is a very usefultool, it is not intended to replace direct communication betweenstudents, parents, and other staff members. The program isstraightforward and very user-friendly – just point and click and youwill have secure access to your student’s attendance, assignments, andgrades. If questions arise, please check first with your child and/ortheir teacher, then, if unanswered, contact the guidance counselor, thenthe Principal.
Security and Accountability
Each parent/guardian will receive a separate Access ID andPassword for each student. Once each parent/guardian enters the AccessID and Password, they will create their own account, specifying theiremail address and the password they want to use. The Access ID andPassword is randomly generated and must be picked up at your student'sschool. Students will be given their own Username and Password. TheAccess ID/Password and Username/Password are confidential and should notbe shared with others. If you have more than one student, you willenter the Access ID and Password for each student in the account youcreated. Note: Students cannot change their passwords.
The ability to access your student’s grade information and monitor their progress is a privilege for parents. The PPS PowerSchool Parent Portal site is governed by the Division’s Acceptable Use Agreement (AUP).In addition to this main agreement, there are also product-specificterms detailed on the Conditions of Use Pre-Login Entry Page. Any misuseor abuse of this account will result in denial of access.
If a student is new to the district or parents/guardians havenever picked up an Access ID and Password, please contact the school.The Acess ID and Password must be picked up from the student's schoolin person; they will not be given out over the phone.
- Click here to view information on creating your account and a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Watch a how-to instructional video on creating your account and using the PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you have a Macintosh Computer, click here.
- Lost Access ID/Password must be retrieved by the parent/guardian in person at your student’s school. A signature and photo ID will be required.
- If you previously created your account (specifying your email address and password), but you can't remember your password, click the 'Having trouble signing in?' link which displays on the PowerSchool Parent Sign In page.
- Much of the functionality of this product is dependent on the internet browser and computer you are using. Support is limited to verifying the site is accessible and operational. While most browsers should function, access has been tested using Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 and Chrome 47 and newer only.
- If questions arise about grades or attendance please check first with your child and/or their teacher, then, if unanswered, contact the guidance counselor, then the Principal.